The presentation for the November 18th public meeting can be downloaded here in PDF format.
Please join us Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at The Rose Room (Station 4, 3911 Cedar Springs Rd.) at 6pm-8pm for our 2nd Cedar Springs Complete Streets workshop.
We’ll be presenting two design alternatives based on the feedback we received from the first public meeting. Our goal for this workshop is to select a preferred design concept which will continue through engineering and into construction in 2016.
We look forward to seeing you there.
We received a lot of insightful comments from the public during the Cedar Springs Complete Streets meeting on March 24th. Click here for a full list of comments from the meeting. Here’s a rundown of the common themes we heard:
- Pedestrian Improvements are needed throughout corridor
- Enhance sidewalk quality/width
- Increase pedestrian lighting
- Improve intersection safety, particularly at Knight, Regan
- Landscaped buffer on sidewalks\Increase pedestrian crossing times at intersections
- Gateway enhancements at Oak Lawn Ave. and Dougle Ave. intersections are needed to add character to the corridor. These intersections should include:
- Traffic Calming
Our inter-departmental team is currently working on design concepts which address all of these issues. We plan to present these concepts in a future public meeting this summer.
Thanks to everyone in the Cedar Springs community who attended our first complete streets meeting on March 24th at the Rose Room.The powerpoint from the meeting can be downloaded here:
Please feel free to provide additional comments/recommendations about the project in the comments section of this page.